With Patient Access, you can now access your local GP services at home, work or on the move — wherever you can connect to the internet. You can use either desktop or Mobile app to use the patient access.
What’s more, because Patient Access is a 24 hour online service you can do this in your own time, day or night.
It allows patients limited access to the surgery computer system to:
- Book / Cancel an appointment.
- Order repeat prescriptions.
- Update your Mobile number
- View coded data on medical records
Log Into Patient Access
Before you can begin to use Patient Access, you will need to register and create an account.
Please speak to the receptionist who will give you a Patient Access registration letter.
You can also click the images below to download the guidance notes and application form.
Please print and complete the patient access application form and bring it into the surgery together with two forms of identification, one form being photo id (e.g. your driving license, passport).
After your details have been checked, you will be issued with log in details/access codes.
When you have the access codes provided by the practice, use the steps below to set up your Patient Access account:
- Go to https://app.patientaccess.com/registration
- Below the question ‘Have you received a registration letter from your practice’, select Yes.
- Complete the details, using the information from the registration letter.
The letter is only valid for 28 days from when the practice created it. After 28 days your practice will need to provide you with a new letter.
- Type your personal details, create a password (this should be longer than six characters and contain at least one number and one letter), and then complete the security questions.
If you complete the security questions, you’ll be able to reset your own password if you forget it in the future. If you don’t complete them, you’ll need to ask your practice to reset your account.
- Make a note of the user ID that’s generated for you, as you’ll use this to sign in to Patient Access from now on.
- You can use the same user ID and password, both for desktop and mobile app.
All information that is sent to your surgery via Patient Access is secure. Your personal details are encrypted and protected using the highest standard internet security, so it cannot be intercepted. Only you and your GP surgery are able to see this information
More information can be found at https://support.patient-access.co.uk/
There are a number of things that online appointments are not suitable for. We would ask that you do not use these slots for the following items:
- Medicals including HGV, PSV, Foster/Adoption, Military, Employment, Life Insurance & Medical reports etc. Please contact our receptionists to arrange an appointment for these.
- Nurse appointments including smears and coils (either change, removal or check) Please make an appointment with our Practice Nurses.
- Holiday Vaccines. A telephone consultation should be arranged with our Lead Nurse Practitioner in the first instance.
- Blood Test
- Minor surgery(cryotherapy/wart freezing clinic)
- Podiatry/Dental/Optical. Please contact the relevant professional.